What is Burnout?
Burnout is the loss of meaning in one’s work, life and relationships coupled with mental, emotional, or physical exhaustion as the result of long-term, unresolved stress.
Burnout can affect anyone, however there is a growing number of professional women, entrepreneurs, business owners, and care givers who are reporting symptoms of burnout
General symptoms of burnout include:
- Lower resistance to illness
- Pessimistic outlook on work or life
- Low or excessive appetite
- Physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion
- Feeling disconnected and isolated
- Needing to take away from work
- Demotivation and detachment from your work and aspirations
- Depleted energy levels
- Forgetfulness/ Brain fog
- Detachment in personal relationships
Who is most affected by it?
High performing individuals and those who act as caregivers are the most affected by burnout. Women, especially career women, are at high risk due to the double leadership roles they play as professionals and central family figures.
How do you know that you are at risk or on your way to burnout?
As with any health challenge prevention is the key to manage burnout. A good way to start is looking at the symptoms listed above. But before these symptoms arise you can ask yourself these powerful questions:
- Will my body and my relationships survive my success?
- Do I consider myself a successful woman, but too tired or too busy to actually live my life to the fullest?
If your answers make you question your lifestyle keep reading…
I am a coach that focuses on those suffering from the glorification of busy. People that have achieved success in professional areas but who know deep down there is more to life than that…
I coach those who have “forgotten about themselves”. The women I help find that, after becoming successful, the state of their health, relationships and emotions is on a decline as a result of the constant demands of modern life.
This group of people experience what I call “toxic success “, a form of high performance that unconsciously neglects the authenticity of each person leaving anything that isn’t “efficient” or “productive” or “appreciated by others”out of the equation.
This problem hunts professional women because, unlike the problems they solve at work and home, the solution to burnout is not an intellectual one, it is a matter of body awareness and nervous system self-regulation.
I invite you to consider that the solution to burnout is not an intellectual one, it is a matter of deep self-awareness and regulation. Ask Yourself:
- Have you ever received good advice that you were unable to follow?
- Has your doctor ever recommended a lifestyle change that you found to be unsustainable?
- Have you ever wanted to change something in your life, and even though you had the information to do it you couldn’t achieve it?
This is what I am talking about. What you need is not more knowledge. You need a Somatic approach.
What does somatic coaching mean?
Coaching is the behavioral and strategic complement to success. As a top achiever, you cannot be spinning your wheels trying to figure out things on your own. The word Soma refers to the body. My coaching works with a bottom-up approach based on trauma-educated modalities. This means that the work starts from the body, nervous system, sensory input, and feelings first to then access and change the brain. This process helps you gently and progressively release old unprocessed stress and upgrade your inner programming.
You know that even after the vacation, massage, or yoga class you end up back at the same place. This is not a sustainable recovery. Is it? What you need is to create a new stress-resilient and energized life and the answer becomes clear after all of these strategies fail.
You will be empowered and nurtured. This is not a temporary plan. This is the missing link in stress management: The activation of your somatic defense.
As a client of my Burnout Repair coaching program, you will…
- Use effective practices that regulate the stress response.
- Nourish your body to have energy without stimulants, get better rest, improve digestion, balance weight, and other markers of good health.
- Strengthen your nervous system.
- Build daily routines for stress resilience.
- Make progress without competition or guilt in a way that is empowering, not stressful.
- Remove blocks tied to past and unresolved stress with trauma-informed practices.
- Lessen the incidence of anxiety, depression, reactivity, and other emotional challenges.
- Cultivate more mental clarity, calm, focus, and intuition.
- Improve and deepen your relationships, increasing your libido, and joy
A midlife shift out of burnout and dissatisfaction
Shifting the conditioning from the first half of our lives is incredibly important for women after their 40s because this is the time for wisdom, self-actualization, and inner listening. Ignoring this call is the cause of much unnecessary pain.
I focus on the intersection of midlife, burnout, and dissatisfaction because, in midlife, there is an inner alarm letting you know that you can’t keep spinning your wheels trying to figure out things on your own. At this point in your life, you do not have years to spend on trial and error, searching for a miracle or postponing the inner work.
You have probably heard this internal alarm go off, the one that has a sense of urgency to pay attention to what matters. Before your 40s you may have been able to ignore this but now it shows up in every area you have neglected like your health, your relatiohsips, your career, or your self-worth. This alarm is trying to stop you from having a midlife crisis.
My goal is to help you avoid missing this crucial time. The midlife “rite of passage” can bring you so much peace, joy, and internal satisfaction. I am here to help women end the fatigue, confusion, and repeating of old coping patterns with a comprehensive answer because this void can mix with pre-menopause and menopause symptoms becoming chronic by settling strongly within your chemistry and neurobiology.
Instead of getting burned out or having a midlife crisis, I wish for you to enter a midlife awakening. That is what this program is about.
Your body has a built in system you can learn to use and that’s why the results last! Are you ready to come out of burnout? Are you willing to step in and get “unstuck”? If you answered yes, then this is your call to shine!
To decide if Burnout repair coaching is right for you, I invite you to schedule a 45 minute free initial consultation with me. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.